Asthma is a Greek word meaning “panting or shortness of breath.”
It is a chronic respiratory disease characterized by difficulty breathing due to narrowing of the bronchi and bronchioles due usually to an overreaction of the immune system to an allergen agent.
Therefore, it often occurs in people with allergies.
Flare-ups usually occur in spring and autumn or adverse weather conditions such as storms and some only have cold air can cause them this bad.
Sometimes it is caused likewise Porla hyperventilation, certain drugs or chemicals, strenuous exercise, hypoglycemia, respiratory infections (bronchitis), intense and emotional, emotions (panic or anxiety, worries and anxieties), the fur of animals (cats, dogs, rabbits, etc.), snuff smoke, house dust or additives in commercial foods (meta bisulphate, monosodium glutamate, sodium and calcium caseinate).
The most common symptoms of asthma are:
- Rapid pulse over 90 beats per minute.
- Cough and expectoration.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Wheezing when exhaling the air and when inhaled.
- Dyspnea or fatigue
- Obviously, asthma must be a medical observation. Nevertheless, there are some natural remedies for asthma, used in ancient times, and that can be used in a complementary manner if the doctor deems appropriate.
Home Remedies for Asthma :
- Prepare a tea with three grams of poppy petals in a liter of boiling water and take two tablespoons every hour.
- Make the vapors leaf sage and lightly chopped dried.
Remedy for asthma
Applying a hot mud poultice on the chest for 20 minutes without it cool and rinse with hot water.
- Consume 1/4 cup of extract of nettle with a tablespoon of olive oil in the morning.
- Take sun baths where no, windy and can better exploit the solar beam.
- Make massage ointment on the back and chest based eucalyptus , then should be cherished with little white paper (chest and back), sweater for an hour, then get the paper
- Take a couple of cups of strong coffee or cocoa if the person is in imminent asthma attack without an inhaler on hand.
- Take regular goat milk.
every night Drinking a cup of an infusion containing 20 g of swab per liter of water which prevents asthma attacks or at least mitigate its effects
- Eat grilled onions on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
- Eat a clove of garlic soaked in honey.
- Take daily a small glass of carrot juice.
- Boil a cup of milk for 5 minutes and add to the boiling point lead to 5 celery sticks. Remove from heat, strain and drink on an empty stomach.
- Boil some leaves of aloe or aloe Vera, previously chopped, in a pot with half a liter of water. Remove from heat and breathing vapor.
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 onion juice and 1 honey. Then heated in a double boiler. Taking this drug twice daily.
- Wash, peel and chop 2 radishes and place in a blender with a glass of lemon juice. Blend briefly and added, if desired, a few drops of honey. Take 1 tablespoon of this preparation every hour and store the rest in the fridge.
- Crush a clove of garlic and add to a cup of lemon verbena infusion. Take 1 cup three times a day for adults and half price for children.
- Place 1 tablespoon anise seeds in a taza.de water is boiling. Cover with a plate, do not use paper towels as these impurities could accumulate. Leave tibiar (up to 35.5 ° C) and strain. Drink one or two rates during the crisis.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon of elder-flower, half and half mauve fennel fruit in 1 cup of water that is boiling. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Take a cup in the morning and one at night
- Pour 1 tablespoon leaves of marjoram, 1 tablespoon and 1 tablespoon Angelica coltsfoot in a half liter of water is boiling. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn off, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Filter, add some honey and drink three cups per day.
- Apply on chest, hot compresses soaked in apple wine
- Pour 1 tablespoon leaves of myrtle in a pot of water is boiling. Cover and let cool. Strain and drink 2 cups a day
- Boil 1 tablespoon adhatoda justice leaves in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Strain and let cool. Take up to 3 cups daily
- Mix equal parts mint; I barberry; goldenrod; blessed thistle and nettle. Remove a tablespoon of the mixture and pour in a cup of water that is boiling. Cover and drink 3 cups a day
- Empty 10 drops of eucalyptus oil, 6 drops of pine oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil, 4 drops of cypress oil, 8 drops of lavender oil and 4 drops of myrrh oil in a small glass bottle with a lid for sealing. Mezclat well. Inhale directly from the bottle for the time required to prevent asthma attacks. . .
- Mix 25 gr. Licorice, 10 gr. Thyme, Marshmallow 10 gr, 10 gr. Poppy, 10 gr. Mauve flowers, 5 g. Anise and 5 g. Coltsfoot extract 2 teaspoons of the mixture and pour in a cup of water that is boiling. Leave to infuse. Take 1 hot cup three times a day, after meals..
Tips to prevent Asthma problems :
Achieve a relaxed environment for the asthmatic patient, trying not to show the anguish caused the crisis in the family environment. Similarly, if the asthma is a very emotional person, you should try to change the way you handle problems or joys, as it can cause a attack.
Keep well hydrated with asthma to mucous sBreathe through your nose and not your mouth, especially when you exercise, and drying the back of her throat and cooled can trigger asthma. Hence, swimming is an excellent exercise because the mouth is closer and more humid weather. It is also good all year requiring less physical effort as baseball, tennis, golf.
Include foods such as fatty fish, fruits and vegetables (especially those high in antioxidant vitamin C) in the daily diet.
Avoid vegetable oils, such as sunflower, which are rich in fatty acids and reduce or eliminate meat and animal fat, other than fish.
Kick the habit of smoking as snuff smoke can be an irritant that causes asthma by paralyzing tiny hairlike cilia of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract. If the asthma live with a smoker who can not stop persona vice, you should ask them to smoke outside.
Not having pet dogs, cats, parrots, etc. Recommended only fish.
Beware of weather changes ; can be an asthma trigger.
- Remove dust mites as they can cause asthma attacks. The following is recommended or keep in its simplest form:
- To cover the mattresses with airtight dust-proof covers.
- Wash sheets weekly with water calliente
- Do not put rugs
- Use washable curtains
- Avoid items that trap dust
- When cleaning dusty areas should wear a mask.
- Do not eat ice cream and extremely cold drinks since cold can cause bronchospasm.
Avoid exposure to chemicals such as polyurethane and urethane used in the plastics industry; to dry clean chemicals and resins the paint industry.
Correctly use inhalers. If you find that the spray comes out of his mouth, he is misusing the device. Nor is it correct to introduce the device in your mouth and make a couple of quick mists The way use is keeping the inhaler two or three centimeters from the open mouth, take a deep breath and a half second later, activate the inhaler. Continue to breathe and then hold the breath go in three to five seconds.
Go to a doctor when you notice that asthma is increasing in frequency and is starting to take more medicine than usual.